Copy is more than just words. Copy can take you to another place, change your surroundings and create a new world. Copy defines. Copy illustrates. And in today’s world, copy is such an important part of any brand, website, or marketing campaign.
Hello! We are Urban Influence and we’re looking for a new member of our team. And while the position says Copywriter, we want someone who is capable of so much more. This is a position with an opportunity to grow and work with great people and fantastic clients.
At Urban Influence, we’re all about creating amazing experiences for our clients. We don’t use templates or anything cookie-cutter, and we’ve been known to push the envelope a bit. We work hard but have a lot of fun. We win awards and we create great things. You can learn more about us by browsing around on this website. 🙂
We want someone on our team who is more than just a great writer. We want someone who is a master communicator and can use words to capture the very essence of a brand. If you join us, you’ll have the chance to work directly with clients to help define and execute strategy – not just putting words on paper (or the digital version of paper).
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A love for writing. First and foremost you need to be a writer. You should have experience writing as a professional for at least a few years.
- Ability to write all types of content – you can write brand strategy guides, blog posts, website copy, social media posts and more – and most importantly you know what works well for each different medium.
- Experience defining copy strategy. We know getting traffic online is more than just writing posts, it’s about writing the right posts. You know how to target content for specific audiences and use data to see what is working and what isn’t.
- Strong organizational skills. You can work under a deadline. You have a system to keep you organized (we don’t care what it is as long as you have something!). You are resourceful and able to get things done (even without a lot of direction – we don’t micromanage around here).
- Great to work with. You need to be able to talk with our clients, but you also have to be someone we want to eat lunch with. We want you to be a part of our team.
Please write us a cover letter and send samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to meet you.