Global Traffic Scorecard
The New INRIX
Headquartered in Seattle, with offices worldwide, INRIX develops a variety of mobile and in-car applications that seek to make urban mobility more intelligent. If you drive a car, have ever used a traffic / parking app, or just live in a city, you’ve undoubtably interacted with an INRIX product, or a product using INRIX data.
In addition to their new marketing site and CMS, a project highlight involved transforming their impressive and exhaustive city traffic big data through interactive data visualization. Each year, INRIX releases their Global Traffic Scorecards based on stats collected across in 1,064 cities, in 38 countries (the largest study of its kind). This year, we collaborated with their in-house data scientists to develop an SPA-style dashboard of city raking stats, relating to a variety of traffic congestion metrics.
The INRIX Scorecards page and reporting received a great deal of high profile attention, including articles on Wired Magazine, GeekWire, Seattle Times, The Washington Post, Yahoo Finance, Philly Voice, Fox News.
- Large Scale Wp project, with over 10 Custom Post Types and Module-based admin experience
- Chart.js for visualization of Scorecard data
- Handlebars (.hbs) templates and custom helpers to pull city data from json and dynamically populate a single page view
- Custom Filterable and sortable table for city selection
- Custom Google map integration for dynamic city data