Contract Designer 5+ Yrs Experience
Urban Influence on the lookout for a tenacious, multidisciplinary Art Director for our small but agile brand and interactive strategy firm.
You’d be joining a professional family of highly-motivated individuals who love to put in hard work and live for what we do. We build strong brands that shine in multiple mediums – strategically, aesthetically, and functionally – and work hard to exceed creative and professional expectations, both our clients’ and our own.
We’re looking for an Art Director that is passionate and creative that demands innovative solutions to solve our clients’ business needs and objectives while delivering rich experiences. The Art Director will be designing and leading other designers (both internal and contract) on the execution of creative concepts while assuming responsibility for the delivery of the design team’s project work. Additionally, they will serve as the main point of contact for our clients and Project Managers.
You will be managing multiple project launches per month compelling and innovative brand identities and experiences, on time, and within budget. Portfolios must demonstrate ingenuity, originality, thoughtfulness, and versatility across a range of mediums and applications, and showcase work that brings strategic branding and marketing concepts to life.
We are an award-winning Seattle brand, design, and interactive firm that has been going strong for 17 years.
- Collaborate across discipline with design, strategy, UI/UX and development with internal and contract employees
- Produce outstanding designs for world-class brands – including identity systems, packaging, environmental graphics, interactive experiences, video, and more
- Make sure all creative scope is on time, and on budget
- Assist in solving difficult design challenges that come up
- Collaborate with a highly dynamic group of designers, developers, and strategists, communicating openly, clearly, and consistently
- Produce design specification/style guides (graphics and writing)
- Research and discover new design trends and technologies
- Continuously challenge and push yourself
- 5+ years experience working in brand design and digital space
- 2+ years leading design team
- Expert-level proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proven Experience with UX / UI design
- Proven Proactive communication & collaboration habits
- Proven Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, imaginative, active, solution-oriented approach to tasks and challenges
- Strong organizational skills as well as focused attention to detail
- High energy, hard working, and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- The desire and self-motivation to grow the design team and team members
- A positive attitude
What You Get
- A voice. You’ll be empowered to create solutions that will have a lasting impact for our clients
- A kick-ass team of designers, developers, and strategists to collaborate with
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- A huge vintage office in the heart of Capitol Hill
- Paid Vacations and Sick Days
- All day access to our fully stocked company bar and snacks
- A free membership to Mode Fitness Gym